Sunday, August 23, 2009

Installation #7

I am a member of SGI.   I am interested in finding out more about the mystical side of certain religious practices as those of Nichiren Diashonin Buddhism.  For example, there is  a belief in what is called "the Mystic Law".  The Mystic Law defines the unknown and neatly sums it all up good and bad into a powerful belief that if you chant to the Gohonzon only the good will manifest out of the unknown.    

 All Nichiren sects chant this phrase, I believe, and its practice originates in Japan, founded by the True
Buddha, Nichiren Daishonin.  The words are a Japanese pronunciation of the title of the Lotus Sutra, whose 
Sanskrit pronunciation is "Saddharma Pundarika Sutra".  Kumarajiva translated it into Chinese, and the title 
was something like "Miao-fu-lienge-ciao". The Japanese pronunciation is Nam myoho renge kyo.  
The "Nam"is for devotion, and the sentence reads:"Devotion to the Mystic Law Lotus Sutra". There are many 
many meanings attributed to this phrase, including, for sutra, as a previous poster mentioned, "thread".  
"Myo" is unfathomable, and "ho" is law.  This is not to say that Myoho is unreasonable, however it is not 
accounted for by reason alone.
 In these words [Nam myoho renge kyo] Nichiren Daishonin embodied the universal truth to which he had attained  enlightenment.  He taught that by chanting this phrase all people regardless of ability or understanding, could actually activate their potential for enlightenment and establish indestructable happiness.  SGI members all chant this phrase.  We use our faith to create peace and harmony in society, by setting an example of our own personal growth.  There are other SGI members who read this group, and they can contribute to this discussion also.  I'd be happy to answer any questions.     
I will add more to this part later.

1 comment:

  1. You well it seems like you as She said she was a member of SGI as well (former?) well I actually looked at this chanting stuff considered if Edmunds "command lists" were as such; Chants , and while it sort of fit it was a horrible picture as well..well you know I'm not very competent in those much yet, ..S01 is really a very good article anyway like real Buddhism it alone might be possible to give Enlightenment..He wrote me few days ago complaining I hadn't written him in a "fortnight" which might mean some kind of Enlightenment (period to regain reality) though we're at a fortress so I don't know..

    Well you said something about Tao I think, if you red my rosa-blog you might see that I've sort of written endlessly on Tao of course..like Edmund I sort of disown I think a lot of it but it was a nice work I guess since we seem to have started out blogs at the same time more or less too..(?)

    EMANI is a an anagram of Anima..I like anagrams..well it's sort of an anagram anyway it's been 20 years at least sine I read Carl Jung..hmm..well if it's you anyway it's nice to talk to you but maybe this might speed things up..

    Stomping the foot is nice to this: https://youtu.be/MLXj_wH2OoI?t=3m18s also good to invoke the rage.

    I just thought it might be you since you got no comments since 2009 and me since 2008 (except mail from Joey P.)

    idk: https://open.spotify.com/track/39PImqnsvKVpE2PoHL44a6?si=IxguAzIYTGiHzIQFNzwHGA

    yes no your not. Sana. Sure I'm logical..It doesn't feel like anything though..Though I don't quite understand what "she's not" might mean except 10 years of teleapthy we're on to I suppose it doesn't seem to be so difficult i don't know. you don't seem to be J.P either I just see some phrases you do similar to his.?

    ReplyDelete